5. Re:learn is hosting an Open Day for parents and children interested in programming
Taking place at re:learn’s centres in Lagos and Abuja, the Open Day will offer parents the opportunity to interact with applications from computer animations, games, and interactive stories and electronics that will be used to teach kids programming.
4. The second meetup of Hackaday Hardware Lagos is happening next month
This edition of the meetup will focus on the Internet of Things (IoT) and feature discussions on the multi-disciplinary nature of building hardware solutions. It will take place on February 18, 2017 at 2pm.
More information here.
3. AfricInvest and Bpifrance are partnering to launch a French African Fund (FFA) for SMEs in Africa and France
The fund, which will be managed by AfricInvest, already has a pool of investors subscribed to it. It aims to accelerate the growth of African and French Small and Medium Enterprises through development projects and the strategy is to invest in mid-cap companies with significant growth potential.
Read all about it here.
2. Safaricom’s youth network, Blaze, has launched a new Be Your Own Boss TV series
Blaze Be Your Own Boss TV will premiere on February 6, 2017 on KTN, a local Kenyan TV station. Safaricom aims to use the TV series to empower Kenyan youth to be job creators. The series will feature 12 contestants and will air for 8 weeks. The overall winner will win KES 5 million that includes KES 3 million in start-up capital and the remainder in the form of mentorship, financial advice and business support from Safaricom and various partners.
Read more on it here.
1. Introducing Lagos Cowork, a new co-working space in Lekki
Located in the Lekki area of Lagos, Lagos Cowork provides flexible office spaces for growing businesses. It aims to serve the operating needs and financial limitations of young innovators, entrepreneurs and creators.
Check out their space here.