On the podcast today, we have Michael Ocansey, the CTO and Co-Founder of AgroCenta.
Agrocenta use tech to aggregate small holder farmers in rural farming communities, and give them access to market, capital and resources.
Agrocenta will run one of the largest agriculture business in the country without owning a single farm land.
Mike is a software engineer who created a platform to aggregate and connect small holder farmers to big companies that need their produce. He is currently working with a brewery…. he is building the future of farming in Africa.
Agrocenta aim to sign up 1000 farmers and working on 1000 hectares in Ghana. And they are barely scratching the surface of opportunity!
On This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How Agrocenta is using technology to make the sale and transportation of produce seamless
- Agrocenta’s fool-proof way of onboarding farmers
- How Agrocenta is helping farmers access credit from financial institutions, as well as educating them so they can cultivate better produce.
- More about Swappaholics, Michael’s first startup, and how it pivoted into Agrocenta
- Some thoughts on the Ghanaian startup ecosystem and the opportunity for growth
- And much more