Since the news broke that Amazon will now be shipping to Nigeria, Kenya and 73 other countries, there have been reactions. What effect will this have on the Nigerian/Kenyan eCommerce industry? While you try to answer that question, here are 10 steps to get products shipped from Amazon to Nigeria and Kenya:
1. Sign in to your Amazon account.
If you don’t already have an Amazon account, you have to create one to be able to make purchases.
2. Go to Your Account.
Under Settings option, select Manage Address book and edit your default shipping address.
3. Search for items you want to purchase on Amazon.com
4. On the left side of the screen, under Refine by, select the Ship to Nigeria/Kenya check box.
You can also refine your search by selecting the Free International Shipping option.
5. Your search will be filtered. Check for products that are Eligible for shipping to Nigeria/Kenya.
6. When you are done shopping, view your cart, and then proceed to checkout.
7. Select your shipping address by clicking Ship to this address.
8. Choose a delivery option
This will determine the import fees and shipping charges.
9. Select your payment method.
10. On the Review your order page, the import fees deposit will be calculated. Currency Conversion is available here, for select currencies.
Once this is done, place your order. You are good to go.
The shipping and handling cost will vary depending on the product. It could be less than $50:
Or something like this. Yikes!