SLUSH is currently partnered with Ventures Platform to organize the local competition for the best “impact startups” at Slush 2016 Global Impact Accelerator program in Helsinki, Finland on 30th November.
#Slush16 is Europe’s leading startup and technology event, which connects startups and tech talent with top-tier international investors, executives, and media. In 2015, Slush brought together 15,000 attendees from one hundred nations for the two-day event held in Helsinki, Finland.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is a program created in collaboration with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and multiple partners globally. The purpose is to create a leading global program to support startups that are looking to solve some of the most pressing global challenges and contributing to the discussion on impact investing.
The GIA program offers startups:
1. Online pre-mentoring program for all the selected participants.
2. Helsinki boot camp program on November 22–December 2.
3. Skills workshops and capacity building with leaders from all around the world.
4. Industry specific matchmaking sessions co-organized with the leading organizations.
5. Access to Slush 2016, investors and potential partners
Selection Criteria include:
1. Vision to solve pressing challenges globally (A business concept that will have a measurable positive impact on people, society, or planet. There are no limitations in terms of sector or geographical focus.
2. Potential to scale
3. Skills and drive to succeed
4. A business idea that has gained some traction, but can still be in an early phase
5. At least a working prototype
6. Preferably with the Tech/IT focus
7. Can be commercial or non-profit but has to have a scalable business idea
Application closes 12 August 2016. Click here to apply