For the first time ever, Seedstars World will be visiting Bamako, Mali to pick the best seed stage startup that will represent Mali at the Global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland. Seedstars Bamako is set to happen on Sunday, September 4, 2016 at Impact Hub, Bamako and eight startups have been selected to pitch.
The 8 startups pitching on Sunday are:
- Feuze: An electronic device that enables the geolocation, registration, and insurance of motorbikes.
- AikoCorp: An online platform that allows hospitals and laboratories send medical results to patients through SMS.
- Pharmoso: An app that helps users find pharmacies in their area.
- Transup: A service that allows users transfer airtime across mobile networks.
- E-Keneya: A platform where users can locate healthcare facilities and pharmacies.
- AllianceJ: A match-making platform for women who are looking for husbands.
- Orientkey: An information system that provides data about high schools and universities.
- HMV: A vending machine that uses African currencies and doesn’t need electricity.
Talking about 8 finalists, Impact Hub co-founder, Mohamed Keita said, “Seedstars World is an amazing opportunity for the best entrepreneurs of emerging countries to be identified. The selected startups, ‘those that will shape our future,’ will benefit from access to a great network and community, media exposure and overall, the opportunity to connect with leading investors.”
If you’re interested in attending Seedstars Bamako on Sunday, register here.