– Writers from across the globe have come together to use their positive words to help people stay connected –
– Short Moving Stories (SMS) created to be shared with loved ones around the world –
Poets, authors and writers from around the world have come together to create a series of messages to help spread love and optimism in challenging times, ahead of Valentine’s Day.
Poets from Europe, a children’s author from India, an outdoor positive enthusiast from Russia and a Happiness Coach from South America have joined forces to curate fifteen original, and iconic, positive stories of love, friendship, community, work, hope and family. The stories were commissioned on behalf of Nokia phones, and have been created and designed to be shared with loved ones as Short Moving Stories – short, text-able messages of hope and inspiration.
A Short Moving Story (SMS) on community and friendship from George the Poet in Europe:
My community is my thinking space, my breathing space,
I could never fully leave this place. To
All of the children – especially you.
We’re connected by spirit; my lyrics won’t ever leave you. Just the thought of missing out on everyone’s lives makes me
Cherish every sunset, and every sunrise
It comes after a year in which people worldwide have learnt to slow down and find new ways to stay in touch and connect with their lives and loved ones through their phones.
The stories are all available to read, download or share for free at Nokia.com/phones and form part of an effort to spread hope and positivity.
Stephen Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer at Nokia phones said: “We take pride in creating Nokia phones that are trusted, secure and built to last because it gives our customers peace of mind, which allows them to go off and enjoy the more positive things in life. If the last year has shown us anything it’s the importance of positivity. Following nearly a year of isolation and vulnerability one thing that stood out to us is the power of people’s collective voices to spread positivity in a time of need, which is also at the core of our business and ties back to our Finnish roots – Finland has consecutively won the title of being the happiest country in the world. So we are championing positive voices from around the world to spread uplifting messages, and help support each other as we come through the other side of global lockdowns.”
UK-based spoken-word artist George the Poet, who kicked off the global coverage of Harry and Meghan’s wedding with a love poem in 2018, is leading the artists and has been curating the messages. He said: “Sometimes a few words can make all the difference. We’ve all experienced how some days can feel flat and endless, especially as we can’t see our friends and family. Like the new Nokia 5.4, I hope that my poems help you stay connected and in touch with your loved ones, until we can all be together again.”
The Panel of Positivity includes:
- Multi-award winning George the Poet, an author, rapper, spoken word performer who opened the Royal wedding with a poem about Union in 2018
- James McInerney (UK) whose Poetry Project first put positive messages across the London Underground network in 2018
- India’s best and most-read author, Ruskin Bond, winner of Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award in 2020 always tries to strike a positive note when writing for children
- George Kagwe (Kenya) is a content creator and comedian from Nairobi
- Alina Balashova (Russia) – Snowboarder and outdoor enthusiast who believes in no bad days, and keeping active to stay positive
- Juan Pablo Gaviria (Bogotá, Colombia) an author, influencer, conferencist and coach who defines himself as a Happiness Manager
The Short Moving Stories are part of a wider ongoing initiative to recognize Nokia phones as trusted, secure, and built to last. The idea taps into its roots as Nokia phones were developed in Finland – the happiest country in the world – in a bid to spread joy and positivity across the world.
For more information please contact the HMD Global press office: firstname.lastname@example.org
About HMD Global
Headquartered in Espoo, Finland, HMD Global Oy is the home of Nokia phones. HMD designs and markets a range of smartphones and feature phones targeted at a range of consumers and price points. With a commitment to innovation and quality, HMD is the proud exclusive licensee of the Nokia brand for phones and tablets. For further information, see www.hmdglobal.com. Nokia is a registered trademark of Nokia Corporation.