Africa’s leading Data and Analytics company, Terragon recently hosted a webinar with Social Media Giants, Facebook to introduce the Facebook Conversions API, a marketing tool that will help brands prepare for the extinction of third-party cookies.
The Webinar which was titled: Online Advertising in a Post-Cookie World: Delivering Personalised Ads using the Terragon CDP and Facebook Conversions API, had almost 300 sign-ups from industry leaders and practitioners from leading FMCG, Telcos, Banks and E-Commerce brands across Africa.
Key speakers at the webinar were knowledge experts, Chris Humphrey, a Marketing Strategy and Tech Consultant at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Emily Wilson, a Marketing Product Partnerships Manager at Facebook and Dayo Adefila, Head, Digital Marketing Africa, PZ Cussons.
Here are 12 key takeaways from the webinar:
CHRIS HUMPHREY – Marketing, Strategy and Tech Consultant, PwC.
On the importance of First party data and the need for investments in Data management software.
- “What advertisers really need to do is to rethink their approach to customer data. Ultimately, by doing that, they will reduce their reliance on the third-party cookies.”
- “The role of a CDP (Customer Data Platform) will become very important in a post-cookie world and particularly API into each of the Walled Gardens. The challenge that we as advertisers will have is getting the level of data back from those Walled Gardens.”
- “To Test and Learn is not to move fast and fail, it is about moving fast and building things. It is understanding what data and technology can expand into the marketing technology space and potentially adding to that MarTech space to drive through the greater ability to execution.”
EMILY WILSON – Marketing Product Partnership Manager, Facebook.
On the Facebook Conversions API solution and the importance of Data in optimising campaigns for better Business outcomes.
- “When we surveyed consumers across 8 markets globally, 87% of consumers feel that it is really important to purchase from brands or retailers that understand them and understand what they actually care about.”
- “It is impossible to serve a targeted Ad to someone and make sure that Ad is super relevant and interesting to them if you don’t know anything about that user.”
- “Personalised experiences are powered by data and that is what helps advertisers provide the most relevant message at the right time across a customer’s journey.”
- “Conversions API can be used to share any kind of real-time website interaction with your website as well as the customer activity that may be stored in your server that the pixel may not be able to access.”
- “The better your data, the better your Return on Investment. A more reliable data connection ultimately means better insight into your customers’ activities and preferences and more insights provide more opportunities to personalise the Ad experience for customers which ultimately drives higher engagement and better outcomes for your business.”
ADEDAYO ADEFILA – Head, Digital Marketing, Africa- PZ Cussons.
On the importance of first-party data for efficient data-driven marketing, on Digital strategy
- “One of the things that you will see in the evolution of Walled Gardens is the ability to help organizations target better and get better insights.”
- “For FMCGs the most compelling needs for a Customer Data Platform is knowing how to access and gather data into a single user view”
- “Customer Relationship Management is required to help get better first-party data and to understand what is important to your customers.”
- Test and begin. Don’t wait till October, November. Start getting to see how you can take advantage of Facebook’s Conversions API and look at the right CDP. Terragon has something that is really customised for Africa because it is mobile-first and it has mobile reach. I think that’s a good base for any advertiser.
Stakeholders at the session stressed the need for Brands to urgently begin to test solutions such as the Terragon Facebook Conversions API; to solve for effective digital advertising in a cookie-less world, ahead of its extinction at the end of this year.
Terragon is the leading data and analytics company in Africa that uses Artificial intelligence to help brands in Africa connect at scale to their customers.
Terragon is listed as the only African-founded CDP partner for the Conversions API, in Africa.
You can watch a replay of the webinar and access resource materials from the webinar here.