ICP.Hub Sahara in collaboration with Blockchain for Africa, is thrilled to announce the launch of the groundbreaking Web3 Impact Tour in Cameroon. Established in 2021, Blockchain for Africa has been at the forefront of promoting blockchain technology across the continent, and this partnership with ICP.Hub Sahara marks a significant milestone in advancing blockchain education and awareness in West Africa.
The Web3 Impact Tour, set to commence in February, 2024, is a pioneering initiative aimed at fostering blockchain literacy and expertise among university students in Cameroon. With a targeted focus on major student cities including Douala, Yaoundé, Buéa, Bagangté, Bandjoun, and Dschang, the tour is poised to engage with over 10,000 students across 18 universities sponsored by Internet Computer Protocol, cultivating a vibrant ecosystem of blockchain enthusiasts and professionals.
The objectives of the tour are ambitious yet attainable:
- Raise Awareness: Introduce blockchain principles and applications to at least 10,000 students, imparting foundational knowledge essential for understanding the transformative potential of decentralized technologies.
- Provide Training: Conduct practical workshops to train over 1,000 students in various blockchain-related professions such as development, content creation, community management, and more, equipping them with practical skills vital for thriving in the digital economy.
- Inspire Innovation: Inspire a minimum of 100 students to embark on innovative projects leveraging ICP blockchain technology, catalyzing a culture of entrepreneurship and creativity within the Cameroonian youth.
- Community Building: Establish an active and engaged community around ICP blockchain in Cameroon, fostering collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and networking opportunities for aspiring blockchain enthusiasts and professionals alike.
Among the distinguished universities participating in the tour are:
- Institut UCAC-ICAM
- ENS Polytechnique de Douala
- University of Douala
- Institut Universitaire de la Côte (IUC)
- Keyce Informatique
- JFN University
- Libre Académie des Beaux-arts (LABA)
The Web3 Impact Tour will culminate in May, 2024, where cash prizes will be awarded to the most outstanding projects developed by the participating students on the Internet Computer Protocol. Throughout the tour, students will receive comprehensive training on Internet Computer Protocol (ICP) and learn how to deploy canisters, empowering them to harness the full potential of blockchain technology.
As an official hub representing Internet Computer Protocol in West Africa, ICP.Hub Sahara is committed to driving innovation, education, and adoption of decentralized technologies across the region. Through strategic partnerships and initiatives like the Web3 Impact Tour, ICP.Hub Sahara and Blockchain for Africa are paving the way for a future where blockchain empowers individuals and transforms societies.
About ICP.Hub Sahara:
ICP.Hub Sahara is a leading hub representing Internet Computer Protocol (ICP) in West Africa. Committed to advancing blockchain education, innovation, and adoption, ICP.Hub Sahara serves as a catalyst for technological progress and economic empowerment across the region.
About Blockchain for Africa:
Blockchain for Africa is a pioneering initiative established in 2021 with the mission of promoting blockchain technology and fostering digital innovation across the African continent. Through strategic partnerships and educational initiatives, Blockchain for Africa is driving the adoption of decentralized technologies and empowering communities to thrive in the digital age.