The Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) has filed a N16 billion law suit against MTN for music copyright infringement. This suit is coming after various warnings concerning obtaining  licenses and paying royalties for musical work. Apparently, MTN keeps about 60% of the revenue made from Caller Ring Back Tunes, leaving 40% to be paid to record labels and artistes.


Tola Agunbiade Author

Get the best African tech newsletters in your inbox