Remember Playspread? The really cool music and brand analytics startup that launched back in March? Just in case you never heard of them, Playspread is a music intelligence startup that serves real-time media monitoring and big data analytics.
For those of who already know about Playspread, ever wondered were they’ve been all this while? Well, Co-founder Segun Jerome tells me they are still very functional, only they’ve decided to shift focus to their B2B offering, Adspread, for now.
In the meantime, they’ve released an infographic that reflects the state of the music industry from May to July of 2014. The information represented is extrapolated from over 3,400,210 data points both online and offline. Music activity of 14,905 Nigerian songs and 1500 Nigerian Artistes were taken from 156 terrestrial radio and TV stations nationwide.
A quick summary of the results:
- Beat FM Lagos, Cool FM PH and City FM Lagos played more songs than any other Nigerian station.
- Patoranking was the fastest rising star according to playcount.
- However, ‘Dorobucci’ by Mavin Crew maintained its lead as the most played song.
- Seyi Shay was the highest played female artist.
- Jesse Jagz’s ‘God on the Mic’ pulled the biggest surprise as he silently remained the highest played artist in some parts of the country.
- Davido enjoyed more YouTube activity than any other artist within the period.
- Don jazzy saw more twitter engagement while Wizkid’s Facebook likes spiked high.