The Nigerian mobile hardware business has gained another contender. Etisalat has released a mobile prepaid service package, Cliqlite, comprising of a tablet or a phone, bundled with a special data plan targeted at the teen demographic, providing zero rate access to select educational and entertainment apps. The service is targeted at children within the ages of 8 – 15 years old, with specific features like:
- Browsing a wide range of educational materials from 5 selected educational websites, including Passnow, Mindset, JambOnline, WaecDirect, and SkoolNigeria at zero rate
- Educational Tools (on the tab): 14 NERDC (Nigerian Educational Research Development Council) SSCE approved text books, JAMB (Joint Admission Matriculation Board) past questions, SSCE ( Senior Secondary Certificate Examination) past questions.
- A social media site, 2go
- A game site, Kuluya
- Free 10mb data on recharge of N100 weekly
- Parental control features to reassure parents on their children’s use of mobile services;
- Free N200 airtime on the child’s registered birthday;
- Free calls to 5 numbers (Receiver pays)
- Bonus on incoming calls.
- Unlimited SMS.
- 100percent data bonus when you buy data plan to have access to the above listed 7 websites.
To activate the Cliqlite package, existing subscribers simply dial *244*10# and new subscribers dial 200 and press 5 to select.
According to an Etisalat representative, Cliqlite services are enjoyed if used along with the specially designed android 4.2 OS, 7- inch display Cliqlite Tab, which reportedly retails for N28,000 or the Cliqlite phone.