Alan Knott-Craig Jnr is Mr Free WiFi for Africa. That’s because he’s the founder and CEO of Project Isizwe, a non-profit organisation that is working hard to get free, accessible Wi-Fi across Africa. He’s been CEO of several companies including iBurst and Mxit (when it was Africa’s largest social network) and he’s a regular keynote speaker at tech conferences across the continent.He’s also been a bestselling author.
Someone once said, you can tell alot about a man from his twitter feed. So we headed over to his Twitter handle and we found out some finer details about the South African.
1. He tweets wisdom like a modern day Socrates
2. He’s pretty blunt when it comes to startup life and entrepreneurship
3. Knows a thing or two about raising funds
4. Likes to flip the script on herd thinking
5. Probably has a death wish
6. No comment
7. He’s into subtle career counselling
Thank you. I’m going back to school now.
8. Knows all about childbearing
9. And marriage
10. Some of his tweets don’t need context. They’re standalone gems
11. Finally, he’s extremely passionate about his Project Isizwe, and it’s frigging admirable
You can follow him on Twitter @alanknottcraig