Lagos based startup accelerator, 440NG has revealed 9 additional mentors to join its 2014 accelerator programme.This is in addition to the the original seven announced 2 weeks earlier. That brings the total tally to 16 mentors for the 2014 accelerator programme.
440NG is a collaboration between L5Lab and 88mph. Following on its success incubating startups like Jobberman and Cheki, L5Lab partnered with 88mph to launch this program through which up to 10 startups will receive investment of between $20, 000 and $110, 000 and will also be admitted into a 3-month accelerator which is to commence in September.
The second batch of mentors includes:
- Obinnia Abajue – Executive Director, Stanbic IBTC
- Michael Ajereh (Don Jazzy) – Founder/CEO, Mavin Records
- Elo Umeh – CEO Twinpine/Terragon Group
- Obinna Ekezie – Co-founder, Wakanow
- Ayo Olashoju – Founder, Tavia Technologies
- Francis Ebuehi – Vice President, Value-Added Services, Airtel Nigeria
- Adia Sowho – Head, Digital Media at Etisalat Nigeria
- Hannes Van Resburg – Founder, Fundamo (sold to VISA)
- Denis O’Brien – Managing Director, Vanso International and Bex Nwawudu – Managing Director, CBO Capital.
“We are bringing domain experts from banking, telecommunications, transportation, music and other fields together to help guide entrepreneurs to success.”, says Chika Nwobi of L5Lab.
Mentors previously announced include: Mitchell Elegbe – Founding CEO of Interswitch, Simdul Shagaya – Founder/CEO of Konga, Jay Alabraba – Co-Founder of Paga, Raphael Afeador – CEO, Supermart, Afam Edozie – Venture Capitalist and Founding CMO of MTN Nigeria, Tomi Hudonu – Country Manager of Cheki Nigeria and Deji Adewunmi – CEO/Co-founder of Jobberman.
“With our strong set of mentors and network of VCs we hope to be able to help both early stage startups and also those who may have been going for a few years and now want to accelerate their growth through outside investment” said Kresten Buch of 88MPH.
Interested startup companies have until July 31, 2014 to apply for investment at www.440.ng.