This is a public service announcement. Gather round children, I bring you good news. The coolest campus job has just been announced. Andela is looking for Student Ambassadors to lead Andela campaigns and events in their universities and communities. The Andela Student Ambassador Program (ASAP) will be for one year and will create awareness about Andela and contribute to the development of technology leaders in Africa.
Are you enrolled in full-time undergraduate study? Do you have a strong network with student organizations? At least a 300 level student? With interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills on fleek? Then you are perfect for this gig.
As an Andela Student Ambassador, you are expected (of course) to understand what the Andela Fellowship is all about. You will work with the Andela team to tailor program initiatives to campus-specific opportunities.
Some of your responsibilities as Student Ambassador would be to:
- Invest 10 hours monthly in Andela-related initiatives and activities
- Plan four (4) Andela events over a period of 12 months (1 per quarter)
- Create an Andela ListServ for your university
- Attain deep understanding of Andela and our program
- Act as liaison between Andela and other communities on and off campus
And if you’re wondering what’s in it for you, this is what you get:
- Preparation for leadership roles
- Potential for an internship with Andela, based on performance
- Observe Andela Bootcamp sessions
- Participate in Andela events
- Access to branded Andela merchandise
- Significant marketing experience
- Jump start your professional career
If all you have read sounds like your kind of thing, then tap here gently to apply. Hurry up though, application closes October 26th, 2016. May the odds be ever in your favor.