Lagos co-working space/incubator, Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) has announced it has begun accepting ideas for its first 2015 Call for Ideas in Nigeria. CcHub said an innovative idea that solves a real Nigerian problem is up for $25,000 in investment as well as networks and market entry support.
The CcHub Call for Ideas aims to collate creative ideas on how to solve the Nigeria’s real issues in areas of governance, transportation, healthcare, education, food security and the environment.
“We believe that by engaging a community of progressive stakeholders (end-users, subject matter experts, government agencies, businesses, academics, civil societies etc.) who bring their creativity and knowledge to play we can co-create solutions to social challenges faced by the average Nigerian.” CcHub said in an official statement to TechCabal.
Aside the $25, 000 reward for the winning idea, other top ideas will advance to the next stage of CcHub’s pre-incubation and incubation programmes.
Interested? Submit ideas here before 31 May 2015.
PS: If you are still there, CcHub gave this guide to developing a winning idea, we thought it might help.
- Solve ONE clear problem: focus on one problem and not many.
- Understand the problem: observing the environment, infrastructure, culture and lives of people by being there.
- Think creatively: start big, use constraints as a filter and find the simplest solution.
- Identify a service gap: is there a service that isn’t being provided or not being provided to a satisfactory manner.
- Deliver value: what are the benefits for people using the end product, does it improve a persons life?
Photo credit: juancoccaro