AppsAfrica has released the names of startups who made it to the finals for this year’s Innovation Awards that is set to take place in Cape Town on November 14, 2016.
Over 200 startups from 25 African countries responded to AppsAfrica’s call for submissions, and out of that number, 44 have been selected across 10 categories.
Talking about this year’s turnout, AppsAfrica founder,Andrew Fassnidge, says, “We are delighted with the huge response building on 2015 and this year’s finalists represent North, South, East and West Africa, which is testament to innovation happening across the continent.”
Supported by Uber, Opera, Mobile Monday South Africa (MOMO), Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and the MMA, the AppsAfrica Awards celebrates the best in mobile and tech from across Africa, providing winners with global publicity, recognition and networking with over 300 industry peers at the Awards party.
Without further ado, here are the finalists for the AppsAfrica 2016 Innovation Awards –
- Disruptive Innovation Award: Domestly (South Africa), Flutterwave (Nigeria), Bottles App (South Africa), Opera Max (Africa) and Flare (Kenya).
- Best Social & Messaging Award: Pelichat (South Africa), LOGISA (Tanzania), Jongla (Nigeria), Vula Mobile (South Africa) and Dokita Eyes (Togo).
- Best African App Award:Zynar (Africa), SpacePointe (Nigeria), Domestly (South Africa), Sliide Airtime (Nigeria) and Vula Mobile (South Africa).
- Enterprise Solution Award: Kasi Insights (Cameroon), Flutterwave (Nigeria), Celstra (South Africa), Alpha Exchange (South Africa) and Sauti (Africa).
- News & Entertainment Award: KoshK Comics (Egypt), Battabox(Nigeria), Super Animals AR App (South Africa), Vodacom Video Play (South Africa) and Glo Twitter Voice ()Nigeria.
- Educational Award: Tuteria (Nigeria), Mwabu (Zambia), Shule Direct (Tanzania), Eneza Education (Kenya) and Xander Apps (South Africa).
- Fintech Award: BitPesa (Africa), Lakt (Kenya), Monetbil (Cameroon), PiggyBankNG (Nigeria) and Standard Bank (South Africa).
- Social Impact Award: Abalobi (South Africa), Medtrucks (Morocco), Agriledger (Kenya), Ask Without Shame (Uganda) and Worldreader (Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Brand On Mobile Award: Purlieu (Ghana), LAfricaMobile (Senegal), Mobi Hunter (South Africa) and Vouchercloud (South Africa).
- Women In Tech Award: Sayu Abend – SpacePointe (Nigeria), Ruth Nabembezi – Ask Without Shame (Uganda), Faraja Nyalandu – Shule Direct (Tanzania), Emma Margetts – Alpha Exchange (Global), and Genevieve Leveille, AgriLedger (Kenya).
Winners will be announced on November 14, 2016.