The Education Network (EduNet) Conference was created in 2010 to serve as a platform for Universities, Government and key players in the Technology Ecosystem to network, share knowledge and ideas, focused at exploring the impact and use of ICT in the country’s University Community.
Now in its 4th iteration, this year’s edition will be hosted by the ICT Centre and Institute for Entrepreneurship Development Studies, of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria, from the 20th to 22nd of May, 2014.
Themed, “Fostering Technology Entrepreneurship in Nigerian Universities“, EduNet 2014 will be hosted in partnership with a team from the Tel Aviv University Entrepreneurship Centre (StarTAU), Israel. Oren Simanian, founder StarTAU, and his team from Israel will lead discussions on how Nigeria can create a Technology Entrepreneurship Ecosystem with lessons from Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel’s Economic Miracle.
Presentations and Panel discussions will be focused on the following:
- Accessing the state of Technology Entrepreneurship in Nigerian universities with a view of proffering strategies and solutions for Technnovation in Nigeria.
- Building Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: The Israeli ”Start Up Nation” story,
- The role of government in fostering Technology Entrepreneurship in Nigerian Universities.
- Private sector support in Building Technology Entrepreneurship Centres in Nigeria
- The World Bank as a strategic partner in Entrepreneurship Development
- Funding as key to the success of Technology Entrepreneurship.
- The concept of Technology Incubation and acceleration as major ingredient in growing entrepreneurship
- How to Create an Entrepreneurial University.
- Tech transfer and commercialization: Tel Aviv University case studies
- Developing partnership and collaboration as key to the success of Entrepreneurship.
- Success stories of leading Technology Entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
- Startup Nigeria: From the Pitch to Turning Ideas into profitable Ventures: What does it take.