The speaker series has provided a forum for startups, corporates, consultants, NGOs and other stakeholders in specific industries to come together and discuss what they see as the next big thing for their sector.
This month’s panel discussion and innovation showcase is on technology in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry, and is scheduled for Wednesday 24th February at Sankara Nairobi.
Some of the questions put forward are:
- What will travel be like in 2016?
- How will it change, and how will the major trends affect our choices and experiences?
The panel for the event will consist of leading innovators, technologists and experienced industry thought leaders to discuss the future of travel and technology in the tourism and hospitality sector in Kenya, Africa and the world in the next decade.
- Samir Dave, also known as The Whisky Whisperer, a travel blogger and photographer
- Mikul Shah – CEO and Founder of EatOut Kenya
- Prof. Wolfgang H Thome, Aviation, travel and conservation writer
- Paul Ndichu, MD & CEO at Easy Taxi Kenya
- Maurice Ireri – Inventor of FlexiGrill, a portable barbecue grill
- Leena Gehlot – Managing Director for Real Estate and Hospitality at Intex Construction
The panel will be moderated by Soni Methu, former host of CNN Inside Africa.
Nest Nairobi’s #WhatsNext has previously focused on various topics, such as Fashion and e-commerce, Hardware and the Internet of Things, Health Technology, Education and the Gig Economy in Africa, FinTech and Financial Inclusion, and Agriculture and Technology.
The #WhatsNext Technology and Travel event will take place on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 at the Sankara hotel in Nairobi’s Westlands area from 6:15pm to 9:15pm (EAT).
Tickets are available here.