The future-proofed Nokia 8.3 5G, is the first to debut
the latest Android operating system
- 1000+ software updates implemented in four years keeping phones updated longer than industry average
- Phone feels fresh and new with the unique Android promise – two years of OS updates & three years of monthly patches
Today, the future-proof Nokia 8.3 5G becomes the first Nokia smartphone to upgrade to Android 11.
HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, is one of the few manufacturers to promise updates across a variety of price segments for up to three years, as upgrade commences in select markets including Nigeria.
Counterpoint Research revealed that Nokia phones lead the trust rankings based on the four pillars of software, security updates, build quality, and devices recommended for enterprises for the second year running. The Nokia 8.3 5G launched with the promise of three years’ worth of security updates and two years of OS upgrades. The promise ensures that Nokia smartphones stay safe, secure and up to date for consumers. The upgrade to Android 11 marks the first OS upgrade of the handset and substantiates HMD Global’s commitment to its Android promise.
Joseph Umunakwe, General Manager, West, East and Central Africa, HMD Global said:
‘’Our team’s dedication to bringing the next step in Android OS innovation to our Nokia smartphone customers is highly commendable. The Nokia 8.3 5G is leading the path not fully travelled with our Android 11 upgrade journey, with many more of our smartphones soon to join the ranks.
Staying true to our purpose of ensuring Nokia phone users have high-quality and safe smartphone experiences, we’re also committed to providing many more affordable Android 11 ready handsets’’.
Nokia smartphones are proven to provide the most comprehensive software and security updates. They are trusted, secure and built to last and offer smartphone experiences without bloatware slowing them down or taking up space. Counterpoint Research found 98% of Android smartphones still offer inconsistent software and security updates or none at all, highlighting the value of the Nokia smartphone commitment.
With Android 11 comes with a range of updated and new features for Nokia smartphones including:
- Manage your conversations: Stay in touch with those who matter by managing conversations across multiple messaging apps all in one place on your Nokia smartphone.
- “Hey Google, show me my day”: Using the dedicated Google Assistant button or just your voice, get a full snapshot of your day. When you need to focus or unwind, using the Digital Wellbeing tools like Focus mode and Bedtime mode will be there to help.
- Permissions auto-reset: Supporting our commitment to delivering secure and reliable mobile experiences, Nokia smartphones on Android 11 will reset the permissions of apps that haven’t been used in a while. This will keep your personal data more secure by only allowing recent apps access to personal information.
Coming with a powerful PureView quad-camera with ZEISS optics, the Nokia 8.3 5G lets you capture it all and boasts ZEISS Cinema capture and editor. With extraordinary low-light video recording and OZO audio recording, the Nokia 8.3 5G is the ideal smartphone for creators with busy schedules. Inspired by Finnish roots, the Nokia 8.3 5G comes in Polar Night – taking inspiration straight from the arctic sky.
For further information, please contact:
HMD Press Office: email@example.com
About HMD Global
Headquartered in Espoo, Finland, HMD Global Oy is the home of Nokia phones. HMD designs and markets a range of smartphones and feature phones targeted at a range of consumers and price points. With a commitment to innovation and quality, HMD is the proud exclusive licensee of the Nokia brand for phones and tablets. For further information, see www.hmdglobal.com.
Nokia is a registered trademark of Nokia Corporation. Google, Android, Android One and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. group. Qualcomm and Snapdragon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.