Artificial Intelligence (AI) has gone from being merely a future prospect to presently pushing the boundaries of what we thought was possible in technology and human life. Recent breakthroughs in AI are positively disrupting life and making us more efficient and productive. As the interaction between humans and AI becomes more collaborative the future of human life holds even greater promise of radical change.
Africa cannot afford to be left behind in this revolution. The continent stands to benefit greatly from tapping into the problem-solving capabilities of AI. Regenerative AI specifically, holds the ability to refine the solutions we currently have and hasten the evolution of the solutions we build. It is with this knowledge in mind that Payaza Africa Limited, the leading payment solutions provider in Africa, has announced the second edition of the Payaza hackathon and is calling for participants.
The hackathon themed: “Empowering Africa – Leveraging Regenerative AI For a Tailored Financial Journey” is scheduled for the 22nd – 23rd of November. The hackathon is for innovators, problem solvers, and creative thinkers who are passionate about leveraging AI to solve payment problems. The fintech company is seeking innovative solutions to the African finance landscape, specifically solutions to the payment problems of local African businesses. Participants with a wide range of skills including programming, product management, business development, and more are welcome.
At the end of the hackathon, participants will pitch their solutions to a panel of judges which include Adetayo Bamiduro (Co-Founder, MAX.NG), Omotunde Adetula (Head of Engineering, Wakanow), Ifeanyi Aneke (Founder & CEO, Cloud Clinic Ltd.), and other industry veterans. The top team will win a $5,000 prize, $3,000 for the first runner-up, and the second runner-up gets a $1,500 prize.
This hackathon is a chance for participants to come together with other radical problem-solvers to create fresh solutions to real-world business payment problems. During the hackathon, participants will have access to mentors, resources, and support to help them bring their ideas to life. They will also have the opportunity to network with other participants and learn from their expertise.
There are many great reasons to participate in this hackathon:
- Solve real-world problems and win money: The purpose of this hackathon is to find fresh approaches to common payment problems faced by African businesses. It is a fun and challenging way to use one’s creativity and problem-solving skills to make a difference. Participants will get the opportunity to create and vet their ideas in front of industry experts and experienced professionals. Participants also get the opportunity to win $5,000 to continue to grow their ideas.
- Get career opportunities: Payaza plans to support the ideas that emerge from this hackathon and recruit the best inventors from the competition. This hackathon is also a great way for participants to build a portfolio of work to further their own dreams and goals.
- Learn new skills and technologies: This hackathon is a great way to meet other talented people who are passionate about solving problems, learn new things, and expand one’s knowledge base. Participants will have the opportunity to work with new technologies, network with other innovators, and collaborate with people with varied expertise.
To participate in the Payaza hackathon, simply register online here. Registration is free and open to individuals and teams of up to five. Those who register as single individuals will be paired with a team of not more than five individuals and teams must have a product manager, frontend developer, and backend developer.
- Craft a compelling 3-minute video pitch and presentation showcasing your innovation.
- Upload your video pitch on a platform of your choice, tagging it with “Payaza Hackathon 2.0 Submission” and the hashtags “#Payaza #PayazaHackathon2.0 #EmpoweringAfrica” in the title, heading, or caption.
- Submit the link to your pitch as well as the presentation document with your application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to the Payaza Hackathon 2.0.
Register early, as the hackathon begins in less than 30 days (22nd-23rd of November).
Find out more information here.