Lagos, Nigeria – November 22, 2023,
The 2023 edition of the biggest tech festival in Sub-Saharan Africa, DevFest Lagos, brought to you by the Google Developer Group (GDG Lagos), is scheduled as a 2-day event on Friday, November 24, and Saturday, November 25, 2023, at the Landmark Event Centre.
The exciting and educative event returns as a 2-day event slated for Friday, November 24, 2023, and Saturday, November 25, 2023, the first following the success of previous event editions.
With the progressive growth of technology in Africa and the unending curiosity of enthusiasts and experts, this 8-hour event has, over the years, served as a stepping stone for newcomers in the tech field and a hub of enlightenment and knowledge expansion for those already in the tech space.
Highlight of the 2022 edition of DevFest Lagos
Video link: https://youtu.be/7kat5HlPtzU
The 2023 edition of DevFest Lagos is the seventh installment of the local tech conference hosted by Google Developer Group (GDG) Lagos. The success of the 2022 edition marked a turning point for the festival following the massive turnout of tech enthusiasts in Lagos, Nigeria, as many are growing increasingly interested in the tech space in Nigeria as a whole.
The 2023 edition will feature sessions on UX and Product Localization, Legalities in tech, AI and machine learning, Web 2 and Web 3, SysOps, Technical writing, Marketing, Product Design, Neuromarketing and many more.
Organisers and partners of DevFest Lagos 2023
DevFest Lagos’ growth over the years has been immeasurable, with brands in different fields of the ecosystem such as Tech, business, law, product, marketing and many more all showing interest in being a part of the impactful program that has been noted to change lives. The 2023 edition is no different, as the biggest names in different sectors today have partnered with the organisers to give attendees a memorable experience.
Meet the organisers
Introducing the partners for DevFest Lagos 2023: The following brands and establishments have collaborated to enhance the attendees’ experience:
- Postman is an API platform used by 25M+ developers for building and using APIs. Postman simplifies each step of the API lifecycle and streamlines collaboration so you can create better APIs–faster.
- Okta is the world identity company focused on enabling businesses to equip their users with an easy and safe way to use technology.
- Intmax provides the most secure and easy-to-use hyperscaling Ethereum solution.
- Andela bridges the gap that exists between highly skilled developers and future employers.
- BlueChip Technologies helps businesses design, develop and implement business application solutions.
- Geegpay is a digital platform that allows African employees, freelancers, creators, and contractors to create a virtual USD account to receive foreign payments easily.
- Katwig & Dale advises and aids individuals and organisations in understanding the fast-growing digital world.
- Paystack equips businesses with a secure and easy way to manage transactions and payments via websites or mobile apps.
Speakers for DevFest Lagos 2023:
Over the course of the two-day event at the Landmark event centre and in a bid to further encourage more people to show interest in the ever-growing eco-system, the following people who are leading experts and industry leaders in different fields have been unveiled as speakers at the event:
- Adewale Abati, Staff Developer Advocate TBD
- Adora Nwodo, Founder, Nexascale
- Laju Etchie, Crowdsource Community Manager (SSA)
- Karen Chukwu, Founder, Managing Partner, Katwig & Dale
- Aniedi Udo-Obong, Google Program Manager
- Idris Olubisi, Developer Advocate, Axelar
- Goodness Kayode, Co-founder, CEO, SendChamp
- Uzoamaka Daniel, Product Designer Interswitch Group, Founder, UX Resource Hub
- Jesutoni Aderibigbe, Mobile Engineer, BetterDrive
- Love Otudor, Android Developer and Technical Writer
- Olushola Oladeji, Product Lead, Theoverse
- Oluwakorede Moshood, Head of Engineering, TradeAlly.io
- Oluwaseyi Ajadi, Quality Assurance and Penetration Tester
- Prosper Otemuyiwa, Co-founder Eden Life, Core Team Novu
- Shedrack Akintayo, Community Manager, Isovalent
- Shehu Lawal, Senior Delivery Manager, Andela
- Shodipo Ayomide, Engineering and Developer Relations Leader
- Sodiq Akinjobi, Program Manager Google SSA.
- Tolulade Ademisoye, Founder Reispar Technologies, Machine Learning Engineer
- Yusuf Adeyemo, Senior DevOps Consultant, Forth Vending, Thailand
Many tech enthusiasts and seasoned professionals often struggle to find a space where like minds easily meet to exchange knowledge and ideas which can bring about growth and also shape the direction of their careers in future; DevFest Lagos is focused on providing answers to these challenges while providing a networking platform for many to sell themselves and connect with better opportunities.
Do not miss out on this edition. For more information, visit devfestlagos.com today!